Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial Newest AMD Drivers on WIN8.1
Hi, If any of you still use WIN8.1 as I do and you have AMD GPU then you probably noticed AMD stopped updating drivers for WIN8.1 since about 2017 and it sucks alot because they still update WIN7 drivers by this day.
Anyways you most likely want to get updated drivers for your card to gain better performance and bug fixes.
All you need to do is to follow the simple steps below to get your drivers updated.
1. Go to AMD site and download your graphics card drivers but choose WIN7 instead of WIN8/8.1.
2. Open the installation file and wait until it finishes to extract all files to "C:\AMD".
3. When starting to install, You be notified that your operating system isnt correct. Exit the installer and go to "C:\AMD".
4. Once you in AMD folder search in the search bar "inf" and left click on all files one by one and select "install".(Some .inf files arent possible to install)
[Image: gRZsABo.png]
5. Do the same as the step above but search for "msi" files in AMD folder.
6. Go to "C:\AMD\Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.5.2-Win7-64Bit-May21\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B367348" or search for ccc2 in AMD folder once again, Open "ccc2_install.exe" and install it.
7. Go to "ccc2" folder you just installed (C:\AMD\WU-CCC2\ccc2_install) and open WULaunchApp.exe and LaunchWLApp.bat (They will not work at this moment)
8. Now open "Device Manager" of Windows, Just search for it in start menu of Windows.
9. Find your graphics card in there and click on update driver software.
[Image: k8sq2TH.png]
10. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" and choose the following path "C:\AMD\Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.5.2-Win7-64Bit May21\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF" (My path folder names might not be the exact same as yours)
11. Click on next and install the driver, Reboot your PC and go once again to the same location as the step above(Device Manager).
12. Click again on "Browse my computer for driver software" but this time click on "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer"
13. Now you should see a window about like this
[Image: k61c4JS.png]
Make sure to select the newest version and click on next. Reboot your PC once again and enjoy the newest drivers from AMD on your WIN8

[Image: waxiRrF.png]